Friday, February 22, 2008

tHe PatTerN of DEATH.,



I wonder why poets, artists, writers and those who are considered to be the people of literature and the arts desire death so much. They yearn for death in a great deal that they want to make it theirs and they crave to be always near it. I really have this thought for a very long time already, since I encountered poems of known poets and writers who long for death in an eccentric way. I mean, I am only a "normal" person who loves to daydream and considers yearning for something or someone, but as I could recall, there was never a time that I desire death and long for it in any range of imagination.
I am actually an English Major student and I am proud to say that I am learning so many things because of this course, particularly in literature. But of all of the things that we've discussed and encountered, I came to notice the recurring theme among the works of literature which is DEATH.
Many writers or poets would usually say death is beautiful and some would consider that if life had lost its sense .,the only key, as they would say,.for life to bring back its sense would be DEATH. See?...isn't it weird..?? Why is it that they find so much desire and pleasure in the presence of death??? WHY..??
Well, I am not against it..I am just bewildered by the relationship between death and these people. Why these people??? Why not ordinary ones like teachers, engineers, singers, dancers, and etc.,??? Why typically the ones who are writers, poets or artists.,??? Yes, there are probably some teachers, singers, or ordinary people who also desire death to the extent like these artists but why is there a pattern... mostly constituted by the people of literature and the arts???
If you happen to know exactly the reason behind this issue or pattern.,please do explicate it to me thoroughly so as i could have a clear thought about the correlation between death and poets...



:)enx..

1 comments:

flipt said...

unsa daw???? *nosebleed* (explicated..yeah!)


hehe..i think it's because they see that the world makes no sense anymore...thus, the predominant theme of "death" in their works... X_x

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy