Saturday, February 23, 2008

ORDINARY yet ONE OF A KIND.,



I have a father who is very much hard-working and a mother who is willing to stay-up all day, just to make sure she gets enough money from selling goods, for my brother and I to have money to spend for school.

Isn’t it amazing to have parents like mine? I’m just so proud of it because not all of us are lucky enough to be molded with such ordinary parents yet one of a kind. I feel so fortunate to have grown up under their supervision having the good outlook and perspective which seems to fit life and its existence.

I could still recall the time when my father decided to stop working in the steel company he’s into because of some issues about the company’s standing. I was so upset because I was so afraid I had to stop studying believing that we would’nt have enough income anymore to be able to send my brother and I to school. But I was surprised, so as my brother, when they still sent us to school, and from there I was able to realize how ordinary yet one of a kind they really are. I could say that, that was our lowest point ever where we really stick to spend money only to the things that we really…really…really needed. And that was really hard,..not that I am used to spend money luxuriously, but I just can’t imagine how harsh and unfair that was for me, not being able to buy even just a beautiful bag or a fine-looking peice of fancy jewelry..considering these possessions to be unnecessary. Oh!!! That was really stinging and memorable. But I’m okay now. I don’t care if we don’t have all the riches in the world because as time passes by, as my life continues its journey through life, I am able to realize that our bond as a family is the real treasure, the original pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I don’t need to look back on the ugly memories that my family and I had, coz they would just depress and do no good to me but, I could still use the past for me to be a fine person. I will, with no hesitations and doubts, imitate what my beloved parents did those many times when we were so down and fully had nothing to grasp to. That way, I could also give my future family the life that I have now.,not so much with riches and luxuries but is jam-packed with non-material riches and possessions like love and knowledge which I got from my ordinary yet one of a kind parents.

I really am very thankful to God for giving me the kind of parents that i have now.,one is hard-working and the other one is willing to do anything and everything for me and my brother.,.isn't that remarkable.,???
Let us all be proud of our parents.,let us devote even just a short moment of our time to be with them and show them and let them feel how gratified we are to have them us our parents. Let us practice what they preach us about life and about the world.,in this case.,they would also feel lucky for having us as their children knowing that we are practicing what they taught us. Making them feel our love is the best way to let them know that we are satisfied to have them.
:)

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy