Friday, April 4, 2008

Me and THE BIBLE

I don’t actually read “THE BIBLE”. It’s not that I’m an atheist or that I don’t believe in GOD, it’s just that I really don’t like to read…PERIOD.

I say, I’m just too lazy to read about everything and anything in particular. But just last night, I opened the Bible, (so very unlikely of me., you know) and stopped by Chapter 12 verse 1 of The Book of Proverbs. The verse says that “Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.”

Isn’t it very factual? Well, I do agree to it in an extreme extent. Those who really do hate corrections are those who are really stupid and dim-witted. I mean, why should we hate corrections if in fact, we could gain knowledge from it? If we get corrected, then let us accept the corrections and try to improve ourselves from it, and at the same time- learn from it.

Another verse that I really like is from Chapter 27 verse 2, still from The Book of Proverbs. Chapter 27 verse 2 says that, “Let another man praise you, and not your own; a stranger, and not your won lips.”

Isn’t this verse conspicuous enough? Let us not be boastful and bragging about our achievements and triumphs in life. Let other people praise our accomplishments and not our very own selves.

You see! I’m learning from the bible now. I even realized that the Bible is in fact an entertaining piece of art. It can wash away the boredom you’re in to and at the same time it cleanses your soul and gives you enlightenment and realizations about life and existence.


XOXO.,

1 comments:

flipt said...

OMG! I didn't know u read the bible! hehe.. napaka-butihing Kristiyano mo talaga, amega... aw.. nagbago ka na.. wahahaha...

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy